So the entire team here at TTDLanc all agree that Fall is, by far, our favorite season. and while we love the weather, we especially love the clothes. Finally, we can start pulling out those scarves, fun boots and layers!
Not only does Fall mean changing leaves and crisp mornings, it’s also a good time to take a look at that closet, clean it out and go shopping! Many of us are on budgets and while the latest clothing trends at the local designer clothing store are wonderful (we do suggest buying a few key pieces from these stores), consignment allows us to walk away happy with several bags of stylish, gently-used items for a lot less. Since consignment is so hot here in Lancaster County, we decided to reach out to several local stores for our oh-so-fun Fall In Love with Fall photo shoot.
We asked a few consignment stores to provide us with several outfits which we’d use in our photo shoot (aren’t those kids adorable) and also give a tip or two on shopping consignment for the Fall. Store owners greeted the idea with such willingness and were very helpful during the selection process. You can tell these ladies know their stuff. We asked for Fall clothes and they delivered. While this photo shoot did focus mostly on children’s clothing, we did find classic women’s outfits (and even bought a few of them for ourselves!)
Needless to say, we had a blast with this assignment. The kids hammed it up for the camera, we learned a lot about Fall consignment shopping and our closets are now ready for the cooler weather.
Fall in love with Fall Fashion with us and be sure to visit some of the wonderful stores we had the pleasure of working with. Also, feel free to share your favorite Fall shopping tips!
We know this list is not complete and we have many other wonderful consignments stores in the area, so please let us know your favorite and we’re happy to tell our TTDLanc family about them.
Twice Found is an upscale consignment shop located on the 300 block of North Queen Street in downtown Lancaster, PA. We carry women’s clothing, handbags, shoes, jewelry and accessories. We see our role as curator more than merchant — selecting only the highest quality gently loved items (or even those still carrying original tags!) for our shop. For our customers, we wish an experience akin to discovering buried treasure as they uncover fabulous fashion finds at unbelievable prices.
FALL FASHION TIPS
- Layer! Layering is always a must for Fall Ie. cardigans,chambrays,button downs,cami’s
- Learn all the ways you can tie a scarf (you’d be surprised how many there are!)
- Color! Don’t be afraid of color just because it’s Fall for some reason everyone believes you have to wear browns,blacks and dark colors period. Live a little!
Fashion Cents Consignment is a consignment shop located just outside the town of Strasburg, PA. We sell women’s, baby’s, kid’s and maternity clothing as well as baby equipment, women’s shoes, purses and jewelry. Prices are very reasonable and clothes are very fashionable. Check us out on our Facebook for more updates of new items coming in!
FALL FASHION TIPS
- Super stylish brand name clothes at “cents”ible prices.
- Why buy new when you can buy used at quarter of the price!
Miracles Consignment Shop is a family-owned store that specializes in new and gently used clothing, shoes, toys, baby equipment, books and more for a fraction of the cost of retail. Miracles offers clothing in sizes newborn through juniors, as well as maternity. Shop your favorite brands without breaking the bank! New consignors are always welcome!
FALL FASHION TIPS
- Fashion forward parents love dressing their kids like mini versions of themselves, but with a sweet twist! You will find fashions similar to those you love, but in much smaller sizes (with a side of cute!) Brands that we love for “mini me” clothes include H&M, GapKids, and Old Navy.
- Boys can’t get enough of the athletic look. Brands like Nike and Under Armour continue to be favorites. We have also been seeing a lot of plaid; perhaps some 90’s grunge returning?
- For the girls, leggins continue to be a favorite! We are also loving bold graphic tees!
Plato’s Closet is an upscale consignment store for teens and twenty-something’s. They strive on buying current and popular trends for their target market of ages 14-24. Unlike typical consignment, all of the merchandise sold at Plato’s Closet is priced at 50-70% off original retail prices and they provide those who sell to them 30% of that in the form of cash, right on the spot! There inventory is constantly changing so no shopping experience is the same. Selling to them is easy and fun! They accept all seasons all the time. No appointment is necessary and there is no limit on the amount of items that can be brought in to sell at any given time. A certified buyer will go through the items and evaluate them based on style, condition, demand and brand and will eliminate any items that don’t fit the criteria needed for the store. Lastly, an offer will be presented and it can either be accepted or declined based on how comfortable the seller is with it. Plato’s Closet Lancaster is open to buy and sell 7 days a week! Hours of operation are Monday through Saturday 10:00am until 9:00pm and Sunday from 11am until 6pm.
FALL FASHION TIPS
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with styles from the past, especially since the 70s and 90s are making a huge comeback this fall season! There are several trends from those decades that might make some fashionistas uncertain of reliving but it’s always a great idea to incorporate modern with vintage when wanting to (comfortably) experiment with the past.
- This may have been repeated one to many times but it can not be stressed enough the importance of layering during the colder months. Dress up a simple sweater with a chunky infinity scarf and put on frilly boot socks to add a fashionable touch to what could have been a basic outfit.
- Certain summer styles can be recycled for the fall season. Rompers are a Spring/Summer fashion staple, but they can transition nicely into the colder months by simply adding tights and a cardigan.
Founded in 2010, Ooh La La Consignment is owned and operated by mother and daughter team Helen and Trudy. The building itself was built in Victorian-style in 1904 and it still emanates that theme today with Chandeliers throughout. With 2 floors to shop on, the boutique is truly an escape from the standard shopping scenario whether it is consignment or regular retail.
Helen and Trudy have a sincere love for high end fashions and for providing their customers with a one-of-a-kind shopping experience. That includes individualized service for each and every customer. They will take the time to consult with you about what you are looking for and advise you on what might work best for your situation.
Helen and Trudy invite you to stop in, relax and unwind – and shop for designer fashions of all kinds. You’ll be treated like family!
Between our two different Déjà Vu locations, we offer today’s hottest fashion styles for men and women as well as small home decor at reasonable prices. We understand the value of offering our customers the best for LESS to help them look and feel great.
In addition we carry the ever so popular fragrances TokyoMilk & Lollia by Margot Elena.
We are also excited to introduce the Waxing Poetic Jewelry Line at our Lititz Pike location. Waxing Poetic celebrates the potential for transformation in all of us. Waxing Poetic pays homage to the journey of our lives: where we come from, what our stories are, and how they have influenced both the world and us. We took on this new line because it’s an extension of who we are at Deja Vu… Our small staff at each location ensures that you will be treated with the utmost respect and care every time you walk through our doors and we always offer a personalized service. We pride ourselves in having a personal relationships with many of our customers to help them in the ever changing fashion journey! That’s what we’d like to say sets us apart!
FALL FASHION TIPS
- If you love it, buy it! Chances are, there’s only one. I’ve had people come in, fall in love with something and walk away, They’ll come back, sometimes on the same day, but it’ll be gone. If you’re on the fence because you found a piece that’s almost perfect, don’t be afraid to take it to a tailor for alterations. It’s an easy way to turn a good find into a great one!
- Layered Jewelry: Don’t hesitate to pile on the heavy metals. The more, the merrier. Waxing Poetic has a multitude of bracelets and charms for every style.
- Must Have for every woman’s closet is a good denim jacket. The main thing to look for when trying on denim jackets is fit. Make sure the style isn’t too boxy on your body. The lines of the jacket that run along your ribs down to your waist should cut in a bit, but not so much that it wears like a second skin. Denim is great over anything from a tank to a maxi dress. It’s all about comfort, fun and style.